The Montcalm Wind Community Grant Program is now accepting applications for its Spring/Summer 2021 grant cycle.
The program provided more than $10,000 in its first round of grants earlier this year to support local organizations working to build healthy communities, increase environmental sustainability, foster economic development, and promote education including the following:
- Montcalm Area Reading Council
- The Kelsey Community Wellness Center Foundation
- Sheridan Assembly of God Food Bank
- Lakeview Area Ministerial Association
- Montcalm County Great Start Collaborative (MCGSC)
- White Pine District Library
- Mid-Michigan Montcalm Area Big Brother Big Sisters
- Lakeview Lions Club
- Lakeview Fire Department
- Lakeview Elementary School
Grants are typically awarded in increments ranging from $250 up to $5000 to groups or organizations working within Montcalm County - with priority given to proposals that demonstrate meaningful impacts to the greatest number of Montcalm County residents. We will be accepting applications until June 30, 2021 on our website www.montcalmwind.com/grant.
Focus areas for the Montcalm Wind Community Grant Program are:
- Building Healthy Communities: Programs that support public health, good government, open communication, citizen resources, and/or enhance the quality of life in the community.
- Economic Development: Programs encouraging the entrepreneurial spirit and serving as a catalyst for economic opportunity and development within the community.
- Environmental Sustainability: Programs that possess a strong link to environmental revitalization, sustainability, or education, empower residents to be stewards of the environment, and/or encourage partnerships to address environmental concerns and sustainability.
- Promoting Education: Programs that support educational institutions, the advancement of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), and vocational training programs. This may include curriculum development, literacy, school readiness, and other initiatives that help students grow into young leaders.
If you are interested in applying, please visit www.montcalmwind.com/grant or call (989) 787-3029 with questions. Montcalm County residents and community organizations are encouraged to apply and help spread the word.
About Montcalm Wind: A project of Apex Clean Energy, Montcalm Wind is a community-based clean energy opportunity for Montcalm County that could have the capacity to generate up to 375MW of homegrown Michigan clean energy, enough to power close to 90,000 American homes every year.
Montcalm Wind has the potential to be one of the largest economic development projects in the county’s history. This includes hundreds of millions of dollars in construction spending, tens of millions of dollars in payments to landowners and community participants, and tens of millions of dollars in personal property tax payments to local school districts, Montcalm County, and township governments over the 30-plus-year lifetime of the project.
For more information visit www.montcalmwind.com